Effective since 2017/ updated December 2019
Chakaura™ Life for Life and its affiliations
This Website (the “Site”) is operated by Chakaura™ Enterprise. Throughout the Site, the terms “we”, “us” and “our” refer to Chakaura™ Enterprise. Chakaura™ Enterprise offers this Website, including all information, tools and services available from this site to you, the user, conditioned upon your acceptance of all terms, conditions, policies and notices stated here. Affiliates includes our booking agent Debbie Poisson of The Travel Agent Next Door Enterprise and is herein noted when affiliate is mentioned as being included.
The purchase of travel and/or other products on this Website including purchases from any of our affiliates constitutes an agreement between you and Chakaura™ Enterprise. The following terms of service form part of such agreement.
- Responsibility of Chakaura™ Enterprise and its affiliates
Chakaura™ Enterprise and its affiliates makes every effort to ensure the accuracy of information provided on this Website.
Chakaura™ Enterprise and its affiliates sole objective is to assist customers in verifying availability of travel products and services and in making bookings and purchases in due form.
After you have completed your booking on the Website or by the telephone, you will promptly receive an invoice from Chakaura™ Enterprise and/or its affiliates and we will send you your documents in accordance with the provisions of Section 5 of these Terms & Conditions of Chakaura™ Enterprise and its affiliates.
- User’s Responsibility
You, the user, attest that you are at least 18 years of age and possess the legal authority to enter into this agreement and to use this Website in accordance with all Terms & Conditions herein.
You also confirm that all information supplied by you, members of your family and/or fellow travellers/participant/client is true and accurate.
It is your responsibility to enquire on, and obtain, all required travel documents when applicable. Chakaura™ Enterprise and its affiliates is not liable for any and all consequences of inappropriate or missing travel documents.
A valid Canadian passport is mandatory for all travel outside Canada. Some countries require that your passport be valid for six months beyond the date of your return to Canada. Canadian citizens born in certain countries may require a visa in addition to a valid passport. A permanent resident card will be required for permanent residents/landed immigrants who are not Canadian citizens. One (1) parent travelling with a child under age 18 may have to obtain a notarized letter of consent signed by the parent not travelling. Customers are responsible for checking which documents are required, and then making certain that they have the necessary documents in hand prior to departure. Customers failing to provide the required documents may be denied boarding privileges by the carrier or relevant authorities, without further recourse or the possibility of a refund. Entry into another country may also be refused to a customer even if he or she has the required travel documents. For more information on required travel documents, you may wish to visit www.voyage.gc.ca. If you have questions regarding required travel documents, please contact your Booking agent for more details.
- Confidentiality and Privacy
Respect of our customers’ privacy is of utmost concern to Chakaura™ Enterprise and its affiliates. Chakaura™ Enterprise and its affiliates never sells the names of individual customers, or any other information drawn from their personal profiles to third parties. All direct communication between you and Chakaura™ Enterprise and its affiliates (whether by e-mail, facsimile, telephone or postal mail) remains confidential. For the purposes of booking your retreat, clinic visit, registering in a program or a service and processing the transaction related thereto, however, we do require certain basic personal information. For clinic visits, a detailed questionnaire will be filled by the client in order for Chakaura to best support your needs.
When you reserve or purchase services through Chakaura™ Enterprise and its affiliates, we may be required to transmit such information (including your name and address) about you and your purchase to booking/payment processing partner(s), the tour operators, the air carrier or any other travel product or clinic service provider involved; this step is essential to the processing of the transaction. While we make every effort to ensure respect of your privacy, you understand that for the purpose of verifying the above-mentioned information, Chakaura™ Enterprise and its affiliates may choose to disclose it to a third party assigned the task of verifying and/or corroborating the information provided as part of your file.
- Prices and Payment Methods
All prices, unless specified otherwise, are in Canadian dollars. Prices may be increased at any time and for any reason. For Ontario residents, in accordance with applicable regulation, where there is an increase of more than seven percent (7%) in the price of services after a deposit has been paid for said services, and such price increase does not result from an increase in government taxes or a fuel surcharge allowed by the Canadian Transportation Agency, the customer has the right to cancel and receive a full refund.
Residents of Canada and the United States of America may pay on-line or by telephone using PayPal, Visa, or by e-transfer. The products and services you reserve must be fully paid at the time of booking. Your credit card account will be debited, and you will be informed of that transaction by means of the invoice sent to you at the time of booking. You agree to comply with booking Terms & Conditions whether or not you have manually signed an invoice or receipt.
This transaction is final, non-refundable and non-transferable. Neither the purchaser nor the client, participant or passenger may modify any details of the transaction. Booking of travel services constitutes a contract between the customer and Chakaura™ Enterprise and its affiliates.
Cancellations & Modifications
Subject to your compliance with the cancellation and modification policies of each tour operator or product/service supplier, Chakaura™ Enterprise and its affiliates Corporation may charge a reasonable fee for any booking cancellation or modification.
- Delivery of Documents
After you have reserved your trip on the Website, Chakaura™ Enterprise and its affiliates ( Debbie Poisson, The Travel Agent Next Door) will promptly (within 1 week) e-mail you an invoice confirming your purchase and details of your purchase, including where applicable your itinerary, e-ticket, hotel voucher and car rental information, where applicable.
Reception of this invoice constitutes your final opportunity to verify the accuracy of the information, e.g. name as per your passport, that will be entered on your travel documents. Please contact us immediately upon receipt of your invoice if you note any discrepancies, failing which we shall not be liable for any errors and/or omissions related to your booking.
- Travel Insurance
Chakaura™ Enterprise and its affiliates obliges all participants at their retreats that are out of Canada the need to purchase adequate travel insurance, including cancellation insurance and out-of-province health insurance as well as emailing us proof of purchase upon booking. Chakaura™ Enterprise and its affiliates offers travel Insurance for purchase by residents of Canada. These insurance products are available for purchase on-line and by telephone through our affiliate, Debbie Poisson, .
The Premium Protection and Emergency Medical Plans are only available for Canadian residents with a valid Government Health Insurance Plan.
You will receive your confirmation of insurance policy purchase via e-mail within 24 to 48 hours. Please read your insurance policy carefully before you depart.
Additional Manulife Global Insurance plans (e.g. All-Inclusive Plan, Canada All-Inclusive Plan, Non-Medical Inclusive, Annual All Inclusive, Air Fare Cancellation, Medical Plans, Visitors to Canada Plan, Baggage & Personal Effects Plan, Rental Vehicle Damage Plan) are available for purchase from Wellness First Travel & Tours Corporation. Please note that restrictions apply to the purchase of certain travel insurance products once your booking is completed.
You acknowledge that Wellness First Travel & Tours Corporation makes this insurance available in good faith and that you are fully responsible for your decisions in regard to travel insurance (e.g., taking out comprehensive coverage, or purchasing no insurance at all).
For any purchase made by a resident of the United States of America, purchase of insurance must be made through a local insurance provider. Proof of purchase must be emailed to chakaura head office (email@example.com) for participation in any of our events. Refusal or oversight can force us to refuse participation in our events. It is solely the responsibility of the purchaser to make sure we receive these documents before your arrival.
- Liability for Products & Services and Customer Advisory
You acknowledge that Chakaura™ Enterprise and its affiliates acts as a middle person between you and carriers, hotels, tour operators and other service/product providers selected by you. Consequently, we cannot be held liable towards you or your fellow travellers for the services rendered, and/or the products offered, by such third-party providers. Chakaura™ Enterprise and its affiliates shall not be liable and assumes no risk for the obligations, or any default or negligence, of third-party providers and for any damages including, among other things, damages due to delay, cancellation, loss of goods, sickness, injury, accident, quality of services, inconvenience, loss of enjoyment, disappointment, acts of God or force majeure.
Outside of Canada, living standards and local practices, as well as conditions with respect to the provision of services and accommodation, may differ from those to which you are accustomed in Canada.
Images featured on this Website are for information purposes only: images and other graphic content should not be relied upon for the purposes of your booking and cannot be considered as part of this agreement.
- Applicable Laws
This agreement is governed by the laws of the Province of Ontario and you hereby submit and attorn to the jurisdiction of the courts in the City of Toronto, Ontario.
- Contact Information
If you have any questions regarding your on-line booking or telephone booking, please contact Chakaura office at firstname.lastname@example.org or your Personal booking agent Debbie Poisson of The Travel Agent Next Door Enterprise.
This Website (the “Site”) provides information with respect to Chakaura™ Enterprise and its affiliates. Please read the following Terms & Conditions of the use of this Site closely. Your use of this Site is subject to all Terms & Conditions therein set forth as well as other Terms & Conditions set out elsewhere on this Site, as the same may be modified from time to time at Chakaura™ Enterprise and its affiliates sole discretion without notice. Your use of this Site constitutes your acceptance of all such Terms & Conditions and your agreement to be bound thereby. You may terminate your agreement to be bound by the Terms & Conditions hereof by ceasing to use this Site and by destroying all information obtained from this Site together with any copies thereof and related documentation. Chakaura™ Enterprise and its affiliates may terminate the agreement constituted by your use of this Site at any time without notice if you breach any terms or conditions of the use of this Site. Such termination is without prejudice to all other rights and remedies which Chakaura™ Enterprise and its affiliates may have at law as a result of your violation of the Terms & Conditions of the use of this Site.
This Site is operated and controlled in Canada. This agreement shall be governed by and is construed in accordance with the law of the Province of Ontario where Chakaura™ Enterprise and its affiliates is located. If any provision of this agreement is found to be unlawful, void, or invalid for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
Use of Information
If you respond to this Site with questions, comments, suggestions or feedback with respect to the content of this Site, all such questions, comments, suggestions or feedback (“Information”) shall be deemed to be non-confidential and Chakaura™ Enterprise and its affiliates shall have no obligations whatsoever with respect to such Information and shall be free to reproduce, use, disclose or distribute the Information without limitation and without your consent or approval. In addition, Chakaura™ Enterprise and its affiliates shall be entitled, but not obligated, to use, without compensation paid, any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in such information for any purpose whatsoever including, but not limited to, developing and marketing services, incorporating such information.
In addition to other prohibitions as set forth in the Terms & Conditions, you are prohibited from using the site or its content: (a) for any unlawful purpose; (b) to solicit others to perform or participate in any unlawful acts; (c) to violate any international, federal, provincial or state regulations, rules, laws, or local ordinances; (d) to infringe upon or violate our intellectual property rights or the intellectual property rights of others; (e) to harass, abuse, insult, harm, defame, slander, disparage, intimidate, or discriminate based on gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, race, age, national origin, or disability; (f) to submit false or misleading information; (g) to upload or transmit viruses or any other type of malicious code that will or may be used in any way that will affect the functionality or operation of the Service or of any related website, other websites, or the Internet; (h) to collect or track the personal information of others; (i) to spam, phish, pharm, pretext, spider, crawl, or scrape; (j) for any obscene or immoral purpose; or (k) to interfere with or circumvent the security features of the Service or any related website, other websites, or the Internet. We reserve the right to terminate your use of the Service or any related website for violating any of the prohibited uses.
Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability
Chakaura™ Enterprise and its affiliates uses all commercially reasonable efforts to provide accurate information but does not guarantee it and makes no representation regarding its accuracy, reliability or any other matter. Unless otherwise specified, the materials on this Site is presented solely for promoting Chakaura™ Enterprise and its affiliates products and services. Chakaura™ Enterprise and its affiliates makes no representation that materials and products are available in all locations and on the dates indicated. Flight schedules, accommodations, event schedules, clinic appointments and destinations may also be subject to change. It is your sole responsibility to confirm the accuracy and currency of the information relating to scheduling and destination before relying on it. Chakaura™ Enterprise and its affiliates does not guarantee that this Site or every feature of this Site will remain available to you. Neither Chakaura™ Enterprise and its affiliates nor anyone who helped develop, create, produce or deliver the material or information on this Site or the functionality of this Site warrants that the functions contained in this Site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, that this Site or any server that makes it available is free from viruses or other harmful components or that successful results or outcomes will result from your use of information of this Site. Without limiting the foregoing, all information on this Site is provided on an “as is” basis without warrant of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to any implied warranties as to accuracy, timeliness, completeness, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Chakaura™ Enterprise and its affiliates is not responsible for any material posted on this Site by any user or for any information whatsoever contained in any linked Site. Chakaura™ Enterprise and its affiliates is not responsible or liable for any defamatory, offensive or illegal conduct of any other visitor to this Site or any third party. In no event, will, Chakaura™ Enterprise and its affiliates, and our parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, officers, directors, agents, contractors, licensors, service providers, subcontractors, suppliers, interns and employees, be liable to users and/or any third party for damages whatsoever related to or arising from the use of or inability to use this Site or any information or material on this Site. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Chakaura™ Enterprise and its affiliates shall not under any circumstances be liable to users and/or any third party for any loss of profits or loss of opportunities, indirect, direct, special, consequential, incidental or punitive damages whatsoever, even if Chakaura™ Enterprise and its affiliates has been advised or was or should have been aware of the possibility of such damages. The use of this Website and/or the information contained on this Website is entirely and completely at the customer’s own risk. If the customer accesses the Site through a link to a non-Chakaura™ Enterprise and its affiliates, and such site is for the booking of different products or services, Chakaura™ Enterprise and its affiliates invites the customer to read carefully the Terms & Conditions specifically specified in such linked Website.
All information and artwork on this Site are protected by copyright. All pictures on this Site are either owned by Chakaura™ Enterprise or used with permission.
1) Information Collected
We collect two types of information from you: i) information that you voluntarily provide to us (e.g. through a reservation process or purchase of travel services, participate on our social media sites, sign ups or emails, complete a survey, health questionnaires for clinic visits, etc); and ii) information that is derived through automated tracking mechanisms.
Voluntary Information for Services and Features
We collect personally identifiable information when you choose to use certain features of the Site, including: i) making purchases, ii) consenting to receive email or text messages about upcoming promotions or events, iii) consenting to receive email, iv) participating in our blog, iv) commenting on articles, and others. When you choose to use these additional features, we require you to provide your “Contact Information” in addition to other personal information that may be required to complete a reservation such as your phone number, physical address or email address, information about the payment method used (including the number, expiry date and CVV number of the credit card used to make the payment), information about your reservation, passport number, date of birth, sex and nationality, details about a problem you experienced. Occasionally, we may also request information such as your interests and travel preferences, and demographics which will help us better serve you and our other users in the future.
You may choose to invite family and friends to join chakaura.com by sending invitation emails via our invite feature. Chakaura Enterprise and its affiliates stores the email addresses you provide so that the respondents may be added to your social network, confirm reservations/purchases and also to send reminders of the invitations. Chakaura Enterprise does not sell these email addresses or use them to send any other communication besides invitations and invitation reminders. Recipients of invitations may contact Chakaura Enterprise to request removal of their information from our database.
3) How We Use Your Information
Chakaura Enterprise and its affiliates only uses your personal information for the original purposes it was given. Your personal information will not be sold or otherwise transferred to unaffiliated third parties without your approval at the time of collection.
Chakaura Enterprise will not disclose, use, give or sell any personal information to third parties for any purposes other than to our suppliers and other third parties who need to know in order to deliver services on behalf of Chakaura Enterprise and its affiliates unless required to do so by law. Further, Chakaura Enterprise and its affiliates reserves the right to contact you regarding matters relevant to the underlying service provided and/or the information collected.
Please note that personally identifiable information is used only to provide you with a more enjoyable, convenient online experience and to help us identify and/or provide information, products or services that may be of interest to you. We use your personally identifiable information to support and enhance your use of the Site and its features, including without limitation: to finalize your reservation or appointment and /or registration; to determine and verify your identity and to ensure your safety; to comply with the legislation in force, including the information requirements of the customs and immigration services; the respond to your requests for information; for marketing, market analysis and survey purposes, to the extent provided by law; to target your needs, interests and preferences and to inform you of services, benefits, products and goods that may be of interest to you, to the extent provided by law (e.g. with your consent, your travel preferences may be shared with service providers so that they may send you personalized offers); providing customer service, to control the quality of our customer service and to prevent fraud; tracking email invitations you send; and otherwise supporting your use of the Site.
Chakaura Enterprise and its affiliatesmay use your personal information for target advertising toward you based on things such as region, gender, interests, goals, habits, etc.
We may permit certain trusted third parties to track usage, analyze data such as the source address that a page request is coming from, your IP address or domain name, the date and time of the page request, the referring Website (if any) and other parameters in the URL. This is collected in order to better understand our Website usage and enhance the performance of services to maintain and operate the Site and certain features on the Site. We may use third parties to host the Site; operate various features available on the Site; send emails; analyze data; provide search results and links and assist in fulfilling your orders.
Also, we may share personally identifiable or other information with our parent, subsidiaries, divisions, and affiliates.
We may transfer personally identifiable information as an asset in connection with a proposed or actual merger or sale (including any transfers made as part of an insolvency or bankruptcy proceeding) involving all or part of our business or as part of a corporate reorganization, stock sale or other change in control.
Chakaura Enterprise and its affiliates may disclose Contact Information in special cases where we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be violating our terms and conditions of use or may be causing injury or interference with our rights, property, our customers or anyone who could be harmed by such activities.
We are not liable or responsible for the personally identifiable or other information you choose to submit such as a blog or any other publicly accessible area of the Site. We use non-identifying and aggregate information to better design our website and for business and administrative purposes. We may also use or share with third parties for any purpose aggregated data that contains no personally identifiable information.
4) How We Protect Your Information
We are committed to protecting the information we receive from you. We take appropriate security measures to protect your information against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we maintain appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information and data stored on our system. While no computer system is completely secure, we believe the measures we have implemented reduce the likelihood of security problems to a level appropriate to the type of data involved.
5) Accessing and Updating Your Personal Information and Preferences
We provide mechanisms for updating and correcting your personal information for many of our services. If you are a registered user, you may access and update your registration information and your preferences to receive email or other communications from us by sending an email to email@example.com
6) Email Choice/Opt-out
If any user who receives an email from the Site and would prefer not to receive such communications in the future, you can do so by following the instructions in the emails. In addition, you may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make commercially reasonable efforts to implement your opt-out requests promptly, but you may still receive communications from us for up to fifteen business days as we process your request.
7) Disclaimer to Security
8) Notification of Changes
11) Contact Information:
100 Main suite 300
Chakaura™ and its affiliates
Services/ clinical/ retreat / programs/ payment event policy
.Upon Registration and payment of any of our services you agree that you have read, understand and agree upon the terms and conditions detailed below.
Please note that our policy agreements become effective upon payment or registration of courses/events/services. All fees are due even if student for whatever reason does not complete full program/event/service/ curriculum.General Registration Document Requirements (pre-requisites) (some variations may occur due to program type) minimum 7 days prior to first session.
- Health questionnaire (supplied by us)
- Application form (including essay questions, photo ID and any other criteria for the program/event/service you are registering for.
- You must sign all pertaining contract and waivers before the program/event begins.
- Interview/initial consult if needed to ensure participants are in good health to participate in specific program and have the proper goals
in place for ChakauraTM programs.
- A non-refundable deposit/retainer (various programs have various requirements/ please inquire) submitted with your registration/
Contract/ application forms.
Ask us about our payment options.
All fees are paid in Canadian dollars, and non-refundable unless otherwise agreed upon in writing.
All course fees are due and payable upon registration and prior to program/service/event commencement date. All fees for the full program are deemed payable even upon a student/company/participant that does not complete the full curriculum.Payment Methods
- Internet Banking: e-transfers to email@example.com. Please inscribe in message of e-transfer your invoice number and
name of person/company contracted.
- Direct deposit for companies
- In-person: Cash
Late Fees and Returned Or Declined Payments
It is your responsibility to ensure your payment is received by the institute on or before the due date. A late fee charge of $150 will be applied to your account for payments received after the Final Payment Deadline date.
A $50 fee will be charged for returned cheques, or payments returned to us for any reason.
Penalties for Late Payment
Students/attendees/companies who continue to have outstanding fees at the 75% point of the program term will be withdrawn from their program or course and remain responsible for all assessed fees.
RETREAT Payment and REFUND POLICY
Notice of withdrawal from a program/event/course is not acceptable by telephone or email. Withdrawal from any program is effective once notification is received in writing by registered post.
Deposits/ tuitions are non-refundable and are due for the full curriculum whether the student/participant completes the full program contracted for.
Payment of retreat is due upon registration and is non-refundable and non-transferable.
Due to covid restrictions we will only offer a date replacement if there are no flights coming into Canacun, Merida or Mexico City. As long as their are flights, you are responsible to get to the event.
Flights have never in fact stopped. Some flights may be less available, but in general there have and will be flights coming in and out; it is your responsibility to manage this. mIf your flight is cancelled then you need to rebook it with another airline or another date and time.
If for some reason, no flights are available, we will honour a transferable date within a 1 y7ear period from the retreat date booked; please note retreat prices may change and you would be responsible for any cost differences.
Shuttle service are not included but we do offer booking you a shuttle out of Merida during business hours at extra cost. This must be booked and paid upon your registration.
If you should break or lose any property owned by Chakaura during your stay, you agree to replace its monetary value.
Private Casa stays have their own terms and conditions; please inquire.
Notice of withdrawal from a program/event/course is not acceptable by telephone or email. Withdrawal from any program is effective once notification is received in writing by registered post.
Deposits/ tuitions are non-refundable and are due for the full curriculum whether the student/participant completes the full program contracted for.
- Your session dates must all be booked at the time the program contract is signed. Any missed session will be charged a fee
of $500 for each replacement session.
- No session can be skipped or missed due to the consecutive build-up of one step to another. So please be sure your
calendar is updated and you are available.
- We will accept changes to the schedule 3 weeks prior to the actual session a client wishes to change if we have availability
which we cannot guarantee so please be sure to book your time with us firmly.
*Missed classes/appointments will not be refunded and are due. We ask that curriculum changes on the part of students/clients/services be made 3 weeks prior to date contracted and we cannot guarantee these will be replaced due to the time constraints on our programs.
We reserve the right to cancel and/or re-schedule any session. ChakauraTM is not responsible for costs incurred as a result of the cancellation or change. Class/event/program dates may be adjusted during training program to adapt to curriculum needs. We ask clients to be flexible when any curriculum change must be made. Rescheduling a class if needed will take into consideration the availability of clients.
Ethics, Code of Conduct and Privacy
A ‘code of conduct‘ is a set of rules outlining the social norms and rules and responsibilities of, or proper practices for, an individual, party or organization. Related concepts include ethical, honour, moral codes and religious laws.
PN. If a student or employee does not respect these codes, they will be asked to leave and no course refund or certification will be given. This will be decided by the principal teacher(s) and /or administrators. Probation may also be the outcome of falling away from the following in an unreasonable manner that has been shown to be unacceptable (meaning causing or potentially causing psychological or bodily harm, or exposing other students or staff to same said.)
- We believe in a strong code of honour and are determined to foster respect for all beings, through support and safety of the body, mind, heart and spirit of everyone we work with, while encouraging the greatest possibility for positive and healthy outcomes.
- We will maintain and continue to increase our resources and awareness in the areas of Naturo-therapies and Spiritual Development and deliver our therapies, programs safely and competently.
- We will show gratitude for the opportunity to study with individuals from a variety of ethnic origins, religions, sexual orientations or status.
- We will safeguard all our students’ and teachers’ right to privacy and confidentiality by holding all personal and health information in confidence, unless required to do so under statutory authority or at the request of a legal authority, such as a judge, or in the public interest.
- We will not promise or make statements insinuating that people can be cured or returned to full health by our actions/ therapies/ programs, but will encourage the awareness that a full integrative health care plan is a path of great opportunity and support with the potential to bring about improved health, life balance and inner peace.
- We will maintain the highest ethical and practical standards in our business. We shall obey the Laws of the provinces and country of Canada.
We ask that we and clients:
• Keep promises under normal circumstances and carry through decisions with ethical action
• Act to prevent improper behaviour or to stop it once it has been detected
• Behave in a mature manner when faced with reactive responses whether they be mine or another’s. • Meet obligations to the program and to myself
• Accept the consequences of decisions and act to improve undisciplined behaviour
• Act in a socially responsible manner
• Act in a reliable manner by exercising diligence in decision making
• Be consistent and dependable in word and deed
• Act with Fairness
• Judge performance in the workplace in an unbiased manner
• Act in accordance with established standards of behaviour (i.e. code of conduct)
• Do not subscribe to other energy/mentoring/therapists trainings/therapies simultaneously; please discuss with ChakauraTM representative if you are not sure if your activity falls under this category.
• Have your energy structure evaluated and, if necessary, receive a ChakauraTM Structural-Balancing of the energy system; or a ChakauraTM Therapy.
• You must attend all sessions. You must be committed to the full program training to ensure success and health.
A liability and confidentiality waiver form protecting the copyright programs and releasing the school and all its employees
and associates of liability claims must be signed that will remain active throughout all training programs and thereof after. These are practitioner training programs and NOT teacher training.
No classes/sessions are to be missed! Attendance must be 95%. If you are obliged to absent yourself, we ask that you pre- arrange this with administration or support person . Please note that missed classes will not be have a review or make-up option. If you wish to make-up additional cost will be incurred.
MATERIAL/ ITEMS A STUDENT/client WILL NEED TO SUPPLY
- Note book, binder with separators, voice recorder (you may use your phone) that has a computer usb plug in key on it.
- Proper attire/space for program/event (lose and comfortable clothing, a room that is private and you will not be
- You will have to have access to a space to practice techniques AT HOME.
- You will be expected to hand in assignments if your program asks this of you, type written on time and fulfill all
obligations per session.
- You will have to have competent computer skills that will allow you Email access and to present clean homework
- Please ask for details.
Chakaura/ Michele St.Amour reserves the right to cancel any program due to insufficient enrolment or a timetable problem. A replacement date or full refund will be issued if this is the case.
- Chakaura reserves the right to change fees/other charges, schedules, instructors, add teachers in training and change curriculum
described in the calendar without notice. Please confirm schedules 1 week prior to event/program/class start, especially if you
have not registered beforehand.
- Financial/Academic requirements and Student Guidelines are subject to change without notice. Please ask us for the most up-to-date
- The Chakaura InstituteTM is committed to offering extensive knowledge in Naturo-energy Management and at times energy TherapyTM
in order to assure the success of our students. All candidates for admission for the ChakauraTM programs are evaluated based on their ability to manage the changes our programs incur, willingness to commit fully and personal interview, as well as their motivation for registering for the ChakauraTM programs.
Terms defined ~ Student training contract
“student” means a person who is or was, or is applying to be, enrolled in a program of instruction at an institution;
“tuition” means the total of the fees a person must pay to an institution in respect of a program of instruction, but does not include the following:
(a) administrative fees; (b) application fees; (c) assessment fees; (d) fees charged for textbooks or other course materials, including equipment and uniforms; (e) any other fees prescribed by regulation or additional mentoring /clinical service fees beyond the outlined program.
- You will be asked to fulfill certain assignment duties between sessions or during an event, practice techniques daily and sometimes many times a day, hand-in projects, case studies, reports and do research. There is an average of 30 minutes to 1 hour of assignments a day..depending on program/event/service being offered; please inquire
- There will be periodic assessment that you will be assessed upon to ensure you are committed and following the ChakauraTM protocols and program/event outlines for your safety and that of those around or affiliated with you. For diploma and accredited programs; you must maintain a 75% average to receive your diploma.
- Our training programs and mentoring support asks discipline and since we are delving into high energy so in certain areas ChakauraTM will remain firm on certain conduct and responsibility expectations.
- All assignments must be handed in on time.
The undersigned (otherwise referred to as student, participant, client or other) hereby releases ChakauraTM Institute of SOUL and its director Michèle St.Amour (herein after called “CHAKAURA TM”)
as well as its staff and contracted teachers, of any liability and damages that might be suffered or caused during the attendance and/or participation of said hosted by ChakauraTM Institute of SOUL and more particularly, releases ChakauraTM Institute of SOUL and its director Michèle St.Amour and its staff as well as its contracted teachers, and its principals of any cause of action, claim, or any other occurrences related to the attendance at the said programs/events/services.
By participating at Michèle’s events/clinic, you will automatically be added to our mailing list. You may unsubscribe at any time once the participation and follow-up sessions are complete.
The establishment and persons concerned will rely on this release in allowing me to participate in these activities.
I am aware that during the retreat, workshop or/and activity or program (herein “Activity”) I am participating in through ChakauraTM Institute, its staff and teacher Michèle St.Amour, the hosting establishment and staff (hereinafter “establishment and persons concerned”), in consideration of, and as part of payment for the right to participate in the Activity and the services arranged through the establishment and persons concerned I hereby assume all risks, and voluntarily release and waive all claims against the establishment and persons concerned and its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, agents, and representatives, and will hold them harmless from any and all liability, action, cause of action, debts, negligence, claims, demands and damages of every kind or nature whatsoever, whether direct or indirect, contingent, consequential or otherwise, arising out of, related to, or which may be brought by myself or a third party in connection with my participation in the Activity or any other activities arranged by, through, or with the establishment and persons concerned.
- I, the undersigned, understand that this is an interactive program, retreat, workshop\seminar and that should I choose to participate in any of the exercises or demonstrations involving physical or energetic contact I will personally assume all responsibility concerning any injury/discomfort/empowerment that I may incur.
- This agreement shall serve as a release, assumption of risk and hold harmless provision for me, my heirs, executors, administrators and assigns, and all members of my family, including any minors.
- *The content and opinions expressed by guest presenters/facilitators/associated agents in the “ChakauraTM” series of seminars and workshops does not necessarily reflect the views of Michèle or the ChakauraTM Institute. We do our utmost best to ensure our affiliates, staff, associates, facilitators and our agents remain true to the core teachings but each person has a level of awareness and hence at times this may interpret the teachings to their awareness frequency.
- ChakauraTM Institute does not knowingly support false or misleading information and advises individuals who attend or participate, to exercise their judgment in availing themselves of products and services.
WHEREAS, CHAKAURA TM and Michele C. St. Amour owns confidential information relating to an educational system and information developed by Michèle C. St. Amour and other information concerning the business and technology aspects of this education system;
THEREFORE, the parties agree as follows:
1 Confidential Information includes any information relating directly or indirectly to the Education developed and supplied by CHAKAURA TM \ Michèle C. St. Amour and that is not generally known to the public, whether provided in written, graphic, oral, or electronic material, including those relating to technical and business aspects of teaching and business opérations of CHAKAURA TM and Michele C. St. Amour including, without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the science, the know-how, methods, processes, inventions, patents, prototypes, works & leso, techniques, formulas, products, technical data, plans, records and drawings, with respect to teaching and technical data relating to the market, operations and business strategies, customers and suppliers of CHAKAURA TM and Michele C. St. Amour.
2. Confidential Information does not include information for which the student can demonstrate and prove that materially:
(a) was known prior to disclosure by CHAKAURA TM and Michele C. St. Amour;
(b) was known to the public and became known to the public other than by disclosure following a breach of its confidentiality obligations to CHAKAURA TM and Michele C. St. Amour;
(c) was lawfully and properly provided by a third party who is not bound by confidentiality to CHAKAURA TM and Michele C. St. Amour; (d) was later developed independently by a party other, without any reference to the Confidential Information disclosed under this Agreement; and
(e) must be legally disclosed as part of administrative or judicial proceedings.
3 The Student acknowledges and agrees that the Confidential Information is transmitted only in strict confidentiality. The Student undertakes not to use the Confidential Information for any other purpose whatsoever, to keep it secret, not to make it public and not disclose it to any third party, except to the extent permitted by this Agreement and the terms and conditions stipulated therein, or unless it is expressly authorized in writing by an officer CHAKAURA TM and Michele C. St. Amour and under the conditions which can then be imposed by the latter.
4 The Student acknowledges and agrees that any disclosure of Confidential Information could adversely affect the value, and that the student is committed to protect it from further disclosure by using practices and procedures compatible with the obligations herein and implement to keep all safe and be rigorous in thus duty as one would use to protect its own confidential information.
5 CHAKAURA TM and Michele C. St. Amour offers no guarantee, makes no representation or gives no commitment as to the usefulness, efficiency, safety, or suitability of the Confidential Information.
6 Any modification of this agreement shall be evidenced by a written document signed and approved by CHAKAURA TM and Michele C. St. Amour. Applicant’s initials
7 This Agreement will be construed and governed by the laws of the Province of Quebec. Any legal action or claim arising from this agreement shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in the judicial district of Montreal.
8 Nothing in this Agreement shall be construed as conferring on Student any right, title or interest in or to any part of the education
provided and the Confidential Information or as creating a joint venture, corporation or partnership with CHAKAURA TM and Michele C. St. Amour.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the undersigned/Student/participant/client signs this agreement at the time and place stated in the header.
• The undersigned enters into this Agreement with ChakauraTM Institute, its employees and affiliates.
I grant Producer and its designees the right to use my name, likeness, image, voice, appearance and performance as embodied in the Product whether recorded on or transferred to videotape, film slides, photographs, audio tapes or other media, now known or later developed. This grant includes without limitation the right to edit, mix or duplicate and to use or re-use the Product in whole or part as Producer may elect. Producer or its designee shall have complete ownership of the Product in which I appear, including copyright interests, and I acknowledge that I have no interest or ownership in the Product or its copyright. I also grant Producer and its designees the right to broadcast, exhibit, market, sell and otherwise distribute the Product, either in whole or in parts, and either alone or with other products, for commercial or non-commercial television or theater, close-circuit exhibition, home video distribution or any other purpose the Producer or its designees in their sole discretion may determine. This grant includes the right to use the Product for promoting or publicizing any of the uses. I have been informed and understand that ChakauraTM and all its affiliates is producing a videotape program, website information, booklet and such promotion and marketing items and that my name, likeness, image, voice, appearance and performance is being recorded and will possibly be made a part of that production (‘Product’). I confirm that I have the right to enter into this Agreement, that I am not restricted by any commitments to third parties, and that Producer has no financial commitment or obligations to me as a result of this Agreement. I hereby give all clearances, copyright and otherwise, for the use of my name, likeness, image voice, appearance and performance embodied in the Product. I expressly release and indemnify Producer and its officers, employees, agents and designees from any and all claims known and unknown arising out of, or in any way connected with, the above granted uses and representations. The rights granted Producer herein are perpetual and worldwide.
- In consideration of all of the above, I hereby acknowledge receipt of reasonable and fair consideration from Producer and ChakauraTM and its affiliates.
- WHEREAS, CHAKAURA TM and Michele C. St. Amour owns confidential information relating to an educational system and information developed by Michèle C. St. Amour and other information concerning the business and technology aspects of this education system;
THEREFORE, the parties agree as follows:
- Confidential Information includes any information relating directly or indirectly to the Education developed and
supplied by CHAKAURA TM \ Michèle C. St. Amour and that is not generally known to the public, whether provided in written, graphic, oral, or electronic material, including those relating to technical and business aspects of teaching and business operations of CHAKAURA TM and Michele C. St. Amour including, without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the science, the know-how, methods, processes, inventions, patents, prototypes, works & techniques, formulas, products, technical data, plans, records and drawings, with respect to teaching and technical data relating to the market, operations and business strategies, customers and suppliers of CHAKAURA TM and Michele C. St. Amour.
- Confidential Information does not include information for which the student can demonstrate and prove that materially:
- (a) was known prior to disclosure by CHAKAURA TM and Michele C. St. Amour;
- (b) was known to the public and became known to the public other than by disclosure following a breach of its
confidentiality obligations to CHAKAURA TM and Michele C. St. Amour;
- (c) was lawfully and properly provided by a third party who is not bound by confidentiality to CHAKAURA TM and
Michele C. St. Amour;
- (d) was later developed independently by a party other, without any reference to the Confidential Information
disclosed under this Agreement; and
- (e) must be legally disclosed as part of administrative or judicial proceedings.
- The Student acknowledges and agrees that the Confidential Information is transmitted only in strict confidentiality.
The Student undertakes not to use the Confidential Information for any other purpose whatsoever, to keep it secret, not to make it public and not disclose it to any third party, except to the extent permitted by this Agreement and the terms and conditions stipulated therein, or unless it is expressly authorized in writing by an officer CHAKAURA TM and Michele C. St. Amour and under the conditions which can then be imposed by the latter.
- The Student acknowledges and agrees that any disclosure of Confidential Information could adversely affect the value, and that the student is committed to protect it from further disclosure by using practices and procedures compatible with the obligations herein and implement to keep all safe and be rigorous in thus duty as one would use to protect its own confidential information.
- CHAKAURA TM and Michele C. St. Amour offers no guarantee, makes no representation or gives no commitment as to the usefulness, efficiency, safety, or suitability of the Confidential Information.
- Any modification of this agreement shall be evidenced by a written document signed and approved by CHAKAURA TM and Michele C. St. Amour.
- This Agreement will be construed and governed by the laws of the Province of Quebec. Any legal action or claim arising from this agreement shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in the judicial district of Montreal.
- Nothing in this Agreement shall be construed as conferring on Student any right, title or interest in or to any part of the education provided and the Confidential Information or as creating a joint venture, corporation or partnership with CHAKAURA TM and Michele C. St. Amour.
Administrative Structure Guidelines
- Email/ phone is increasingly becoming the primary business tool for both internal and external communication and as a result should be treated with the same level of attention given to drafting and managing formal letters and memos.
- Email messages should not be treated as an extension of the spoken word because their written nature means they are treated with greater authority. As well as taking care over how email messages are written it is necessary to manage email messages appropriately after they have been sent or received.
- There is a common misconception that email messages constitute an ephemeral form of communication. One of the reasons for email messages being treated as ephemeral is because it can be difficult to distinguish between ephemeral and business communication, particularly in the case of internal email messages.
- It is important that the same care and attention is taken to compose an email message as a formal business letter or an internal memo otherwise there is a danger that the intended message will not be understood or acted upon in the appropriate way.
What constitutes appropriate use and management of email and phone calls in relation to ChakauraTM staff, students, members and clients.
- Due to the nature of our school, the initiatory process and the somewhat delicate personal issues that can arise during a students or clients process of growth, it has been decided by Chakaura administration that Chakaura will implement a new communications system to meet the demanding needs of our growing clients and students and support the process of initiation.
- This has created the need for a new administrative communications structure to be in place.
The main purpose of our new email/phone structure that has become policy should be to:
Facilitate effective communication and
Ensure that appropriate records of those communications are maintained.
Clarify our organization’s position on how email should be treated within our organization, meaning Chakaura. To help ensure that email is used in a way that our organization abides by our legislative requirements
To maintain proper email records relating to business and scheduling, and assignments
To encourage members to write email messages that do not confuse the recipient.
Ensure that people are not being abusive or writing messages where the content is untrue, a matter of opinion or could be construed as being untrue.
Ensure that our staff, its members and clients are treated with respect and that their rights are not violated.
Clarifies where everyone’s responsibilities begin and end
When to Email Chakaura or its Staff, members or clients
- Email messages tend to be used to communicate various types of information both internally and externally. Although it is possible for email to be used in a variety of ways it does not follow that email is always the best way of communicating. There are both advantages and disadvantages to communicating via email and it is often the case that the advantages of sending an email are disadvantages for the person receiving emails.
- To maximize the advantages and minimize the disadvantages of sending messages via email Chakaura has decided the circumstances when an alternative means of communication should be used in preference to email. Email is not always the best way to communicate information as email messages can often be misunderstood and the volume of email messages people receive can be prohibitive to receiving a meaningful reply as a result of email overload.
- It is the responsibility of the person sending an email message to decide whether email is the most appropriate method to communicate the information. The decision to send an email should be based on the structure we have laid out below.
New Communications Structure
These are the new boundaries we are setting forth of what is acceptable and not to send or say via email and via phone. THE FOLLOWING will lay out how we expect our students, members, staff and clients to treat email exchanges from this day forward.
A new structure for email and phone exchange has been implemented and is now solely in charge in answering questions of:
- Of a general administrative topic
- Change of scheduling
- General information regarding our programs, courses, times and clinic
- Itinerary changes
- Assignments and general communication of a non personalized structure
- Booking an appointment or consultation
- General issues non personalized that would need to be discussed with a booking of an appointment
ChakauraTM Email/phone Communication Policy
Who needs to read and abide by this new structure?
Students, members, clients and staff of Chakaura
Dealing with Sensitive Subjects
We do not accept emails or phone calls containing information relating to some subjects considered too sensitive to be sent via this fashion.
• Dealing with sensitive subjects best health in person
It is important that these types of information are communicated with care. We will only address these types of issues through a face to face consultation type exchange in person with the proper department head. For this you must book a time that is convenient to all involved.
The precise nature of this information is when it is considered as personal information, personal group information or personal issues or complaint against a member, a client, a student, staff or Chakaura.
Personal information includes:
Opinions about an individual or organizational body
Or the personal opinions of an individual.
Email messages that contain information that is not supported by fact and is indicative that it is the sender’s opinion that is being expressed.
Opinion in the context above is defined as:
- a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.
- an estimation of the quality or worth of someone or something.
We welcome all suggestions so we may bring a better service and care to our members, clients and a better quality of product. We are a new and fast growing centre and we appreciate all constructive suggestions. Please let us know what you enjoyed and appreciated from us.
To attest to this, I agree and acknowledge that I have read and understand fully the above release by my signature. I have read the foregoing and understand its terms and stipulations and agree to all of them:
(If the person signing is under age 18, a parent or legal guardian must sign below.) I hereby certify that I am the parent or legal guardian of the model named above and I give my consent without reservation to the foregoing on behalf of him or her.
• • •
Signature Date (Signature of parent or guardian)